1. Our commitment to Privacy.
- “Owners” — this includes Primary Owners who initially create a team on the Service and other Owners that are granted ownership privilegesby the Primary Owner;
- “Administrators” – users who are given permissions to manage a team;
- “Administrative Users” – Owners and Administrators collectively; and
- “Team Members” – users who are invited to join an existing team that has already been created in the Service by an Owner.
The terms “you” and “users” encompass all users, including both version of Autodesk Revit® from 2013 onwards. “Documentation” means any written or electronic documentation, images, video text or sounds specifying the functionalities of the Service provided or made available by Kinship to You or Your Users through the “Internet Site” or “Site” defined as https://kinship.io, https://app.kinship.io and any other sub-domain of https://kinship.io used to access the Services or software. “Revit Project Files” means any files with the extension of .RVT. “Revit Family Files” means any files with the extension of .RFA and any .TXT or .CSV files designed to work with .RFA files. “Synced Projects” means any Revit Project Files that You or another Team Member has selected to sync with Kinship through the Kinship add-In. “Library Content” means any Revit Family Files contained in the library section of your account.
3. What Information is Collected.
- Information You Provide to Us: We collect any information you enter on our site, upload, or that you give us in any other way. For synced projects, we collect information about: the Revit Family Files that have been loaded into the project, project information parameters, Revit syncs with central, and other data accessible through the Revit API. Kinship does not upload or store any Revit Project Files that are part of your Synced Projects.The Library Content, Revit Family Files and Synced Projects data that you upload and store in your Kinship team are yours and will not be accessed by us without your explicit permission to do troubleshooting or for other authorized activities. We respect your privacy and intellectual property. You can choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of our services and features including but not limited to our team management services.
- Automatic Information: When you use our service, you disclose certaininformation, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of yourvisit. Additionally, we track your use of the Service. This service, like manyother services, records this basic information about your visits to our site anduse of our Services.
- Additionally, for use in the team management section of Kinship, we may also collect and receive the following information:
- Account creation information. Users provide information such as an email address and password when creating an account.
- Team setup information. When a Customer creates a team using the Services, we collect an email address, company name, team name, domain details, user name for the individual setting up the team, and password.
- Billing and other information. For Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services, our corporate affiliates and our third-party payment processors may collect and store billing address and credit card information on our be half or we may do this ourselves.
- Services usage information. This is information about how you are accessing and using the Services, which may include administrative and support communications with us and information about the teams, channels, people, features, content, and links you interact with, and what third-party integrations you use (if any).
- Contact information. With your permission, any contact information you choose to import is collected when using the Services.
- Device information. We may collect information about the device you are using the Services on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data.
- Use of Software Provided By the Service. If you have installed our software, we collect the Revit version you are working under, project names, content added, last time You synced the project, any comments made when syncing, and other project and content data accessible through the Revit API.
- Services integrations. If, when using the Services, you integrate with a third-party service, we will connect that service to ours. The third-party provider of the integration may share certain information about your account with Kinship. However, we do not receive or store your passwords for any of these third-party services.
- “Cookies”: Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred to your computer from a web server. We use technologies like cookies to provide, improve, protect and promote our Services. For example, cookies help us with things like remembering your username for your next visit, understanding how you are interacting with our Services, and improving them based on that information. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services.
We use other kinds of information in providing the Services. Specifically:
- To understand and improve our Services. We carry out research and analyze trends to better understand how users are using the Services and improve them.
- To communicate with you by:
- Responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending emails. We may send you Service and administrative emails and messages. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features or other news about Kinship. You can opt out of these at any time.
- Billing and account management. We use team data to administer team accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- Communicating with you and marketing. We often need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons. We may also use your contact information for our own marketing or advertising purposes. You can opt out of these communications at any time.
- Investigating and preventing bad things from happening. We work hard to keep the Services secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with data that is aggregated and/or de-identified so it is no longer associated with an identifiable user or Customer of the Services.
4. How and When the Information is Used.
Kinship may access and use the information it collects from you as reasonably necessary and in accordance with your or your Administrative User’s instructions to (a) provide, maintain and improve the Services; (b) to prevent or address service, security, technical issues or at your request or your administrator’s request in connection with customer support matters; (c) as required by law and (d) as set forth in our agreement with the Owner or as expressly permitted in writing by the Owner.
5. How We Protect Your Information.
The privacy and protection of your information is important to us. We do not make any personal information available to third parties without your permission. Your access to some services and content is password protected. We advise that you do not disclose your password to anyone. In addition, we recommend you sign out of password-protected services at the end of your session.
6. Who Has Access to the Information.
Information about our users is important to us. We will never disclose any individually identifiable information to any third party without first receiving that user’s permission.
7. Methods We Use to Protect Information.
We use security software to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information. Our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons.
This website does not provide services or sell products to children under the age of 18.
9. How You Can Access Your Information.
You can request access to all your personally identifiable information by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, if for any reason you need to download your Library Content, you may do so through our Services or request assistance in downloading that information by contacting email@example.com. Due to the complexity of our product, we are not able to download and provide you with your information related to our project management services. Additionally, your information will only be maintained for 30 days from the date of the termination of service.
12. Effective Date.
13. Third-Party Access.
You can also give third parties access to your information and team account. Just remember that their use of your information will be governed by their privacy policies and terms.
14. How to Contact Us.
3943 Irvine Blvd., #12
Irvine, CA 92602